Friends of the Reedy River frequently needs your help in a variety of areas including:
- River Cleanups - See more below!
- Upcoming Events
- Technical Issues/Public Policy
Information about River Cleanups:
FoRR hosts two large, public cleanups per year- one in the spring & one in the fall. Our next upcoming cleanup is Saturday, April 4th. You can see more info and register HERE!
In addition to the two public cleanups, FoRR will provide assistance for private cleanups for small businesses, organizations, and community groups. Due to high demand and limited resources, FoRR is able to assist with 2 private cleanups in the spring season and 3 in the fall season.
If your group meets the criteria listed below, please reach out to us to schedule a cleanup for the spring 2020 season.
- FoRR requires a minimum of 15 participants per group.
- Your group must have a time conflict with the large public cleanup that FoRR offers each season
- The conditions of your organization do not allow you to participate in a public cleanup
If your group does not meet the criteria listed above, or if the openings have been claimed, please reference the "Checklist for Organizing a River Cleanup" document HERE!
FoRR provides public and environmental services, such as river cleanups, free of charge. Your contribution offsets our costs, and a donation of $300 will help us host a river cleanup for two organizations. A clean Reedy benefits all of us, and we need your support to continue advocating and protecting the river.