Fall in Love with the Reedy River PHOTO CONTEST
September 22nd 2017 - 6:00 AM
November 3rd 2017 - 5:00 PM
photo compliments of Mac Stone Photography
September 22 to November 3, 2017
Friends of the Reedy River and the Reedy River Water Quality Group
WHO MAY ENTER
Anyone! Contestants under the age of 18 must have permission from a parent or legal guardian to enter the contest.
There are no fees to enter the contest.
The photography contest will have four categories:
1. Plants & Animals - Anything plant or animal related. Leaves, branches, fruit, a single tree, or a forest for example. Squirrels, fish, dogs, cows, or bugs for example. Make sure there is some aspect of the river included.
2. Pollution - Anything having to do with pollution. Pet waste, used auto fluids, yard waste, chemical waste (pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizer), sediment, or trash and litter for example. Make sure there is some aspect of the river included.
3. Recreation - Anything recreation related. Kayaking, wading, or fishing for example. Make sure there is some aspect of the river included.
4. Falling Water - Any type of falling water. Waterfalls, dropping water, rain into the river, or stormwater outfalls for example. Make sure there is some aspect of the river included.
Photos: Individuals may submit one entry in each category. Photos must be the original work of the individual submitting them. Photo must be taken in or around the Reedy River in Greenville County, SC or Laurens County, SC.
Copyright: The photograph and the description must be a work of original material by the contest entrant. By entering the contest, entrant guarantees that the submitted photograph and description are original works created solely by the entrant and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph or the description.
Submission: Individuals should email a high-resolution image (must be at least 1600 pixels on the shortest side) image in .jpg, .png or .tif format to [email protected] with the subject line “Fall in Love with the Reedy River”. Entries must include participant’s name, age, photo category, title of image, and date image was taken, along with a 1- to 2-sentence description of the photo and location in the body of the email. No printed photos will be accepted. Please only send one photo per email. Photos must be submitted by 5:00pm on November 3, 2017.
File Naming: please use first name_lastname_category format for your images. Ex. jane_smith_pollution.jpg, jane_smith_plantsandanimals.png, jane_smith_recreation.tif.
License: Friends of the Reedy River and Reedy River Water Quality Group reserve the right to use all photographs in their publications, on their website, and for conservation promotion purposes (with credit line given). Participants retain copyright of their photos.
JUDGING AND PRIZES
A panel of judges will select a winner in each category based on the following:
- interpretation of the category theme
- artistic expression
All winners will be notified by email by November 22, 2017. A list of the winners will also be posted at www.friendsofthereedyriver.org.
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
One first place winner will be selected for each category. Each of these winners will receive a $50 check. A best youth(12 and under) photographer will also receive a $50 check.
Decisions of the judges will be final.
Friends of the Reedy River
1309 Grove Road
Greenville, SC 29605
Add Event p>